Apple releases several updates to keep its devices updated with new features and improvements. This is the reason for Apple’s success in the technology market. While the company released the iOS 16.3 beta to iPhone devices, it also released macOS 13.1 to its Mac computers. The new update brings a lot of new features and improvements such as the new Freeform app, end-to-end encryption for apps, and a variety of bug fixes. Here are the details about macOS 13.1 update.
macOS 13.1 brings expanded iCloud encryption
One of the most desirable features of macOS 13.1 is the improvements in iCloud encryption. With the new update, the devices will have a better experience in terms of end-to-end encryption for Messages, Photos, backups, and more in iCloud.
The update also comes with the Freeform app, which allows users to sketch, draw, and write on a blank whiteboard-style canvas with friends and colleagues. In addition, there are improvements to search in Messages, and the option to play a sound in the Find My app to locate AirTags, AirPods, and Find My network accessories.
What’s coming in macOS 13.1
Here are the macOS 13.1 release notes:
- Freeform is a new app for working creatively with friends or colleagues on Mac, iPad and iPhone
- A flexible canvas lets you add files, images, stickies, and more
Advanced Data Protection for iCloud
- New option expands the total number of iCloud data categories protected using end-to-end encryption to 23 – including iCloud Backup, Notes, and Photos – protecting your information even in the case of a data breach in the cloud
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved search in Messages allows you to find photos based on their content, like a dog, car, person, or text
- Participant Cursors in Notes allow you to see live indicators as others make updates in a shared note
- Play sound in Find My app can now help you pinpoint the location of nearby AirTags, AirPods Pro (2nd generation) case, and Find My network accessories
- Fixes an issue that causes some notes not to sync with iCloud after updates are made
- Fixes an issue where you may lose keyboard and mouse input in some apps and games
Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222