There are a lot of reasons why you want to change your location on your iPhone. Mostly, people change their locations due to restrictions on platforms like Netflix, Disney+, etc. You can also protect yourself from hackers by changing your location. If you are using an iPhone, and want to change your location on your device, Apple allows you to change it by using the official way. However, there is also another way to change location. You can use VPNs while changing your location. If you would like to change it, here is how to change the location on your iPhone.
Change your location on your iPhone
When we think about the reason why you would change your location, several things come to mind. You may want to access different versions of a streaming service, access platforms that are not available in your region, access cheaper deals, and, more.
There are a few things you need to do before you change your location on your iPhone. Apple warns you to follow these steps before changing the location on your device:
- Spend your remaining balance in your Apple ID,
- Cancel your subscriptions and wait until the end of the subscription period,
- Cancel your orders, or wait for them to end,
- Make sure you have a valid payment method for your new location,
Without doing these rules, you can’t change your location on your device. If you are a part of a Family Sharing group, you may not be able to change your region.
How to change your location on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Click your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Select View Account. You may be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Choose your new location, then review the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree in the top right-hand corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
On your computer
- Open the Music app or iTunes,
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account or Account Settings.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region,
- Choose your new location,
- Review the terms and conditions, then Tap Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
- Enter your new payment information and billing address, then click Continue.
Change your location online
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
- Tap or click Personal Information.
- Tap or click Country/Region.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
How to change location on iPhone via VPN
If Apple’s way doesn’t make sense to you to change your location on your iPhone, you can also use VPNs to do this process. Thanks to the VPN, you will have a new IP address from the chosen location and encrypt your data. Then you will be able to access the restricted content while remaining safe.
- Download and Install a safe and reputable VPN app from the App Store. (You need to make sure that the VPN you download is trustworthy.)
- Connect to a server in the location of your choice.
- Clear your iPhone’s cache and cookies. (They may include some identifying data about your current location.)
- You can now access the content you want.
You can make sure that the VPN works by following these steps:
- Note down your IP address before connecting to a VPN connection.
- Connect to a selected VPN server and go to the IP test website to check the IP address.
- If the VPN connection is established successfully, the new IP address will appear, meaning your VPN is working.