Microsoft will release a major update for Windows 11. The operating system will get 22H2 “Sun Valley 2” major update with new and significant features. However, the company didn’t announce the official release date of this update yet. Here are the details about Windows 11 22H2 update.
Windows 11 22H2 will have major features
Microsoft will launch many notable changes and improvements in this version of the operating system according to the expectations. As we said, the technology giant is yet to announce an official release date for Windows 11 version 22H2. However, there are rumors about the possible planned date being set for September 20. This date could change until the official release date is announced.
Windows 11 22H2 Features
This update will be the first big OS features update for Windows 11. It is known officially as “version 22H2” and codenamed “Sun Valley 2“. It will have new important features, UI improvements, and much more. Microsoft started to develop this version just before the finalizing of the operating system.
The company is also testing the update with users of the Windows Insider Program. The tech giant will deliver this update as a free update for all Windows 11 users. Let’s check all the expected features that come with Windows 11 22H2.
Here is the list of the expected features of new version:
- App folders in the Start menu
- Resizable pinned area in Start menu
- Drag and Drop on the Taskbar
- Focus Assist integration with Notification Center
- New “Spotlight” wallpaper feature
- New Voice Access accessibility feature
- New Live Captions accessibility feature
- New gestures and animations for touch users
- New snap layouts bar when moving app windows
- New Task Manager app
- New “Suggested Actions” feature when copying dates/numbers
- Tabs in File Explorer
- Better OneDrive integration with File Explorer
- Numerous UI improvements and consistency updates