OnePlus has announced that it will be bringing Android 13 to the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite through an update to OxygenOS 13. This update, which is about 4.5 GB in size and has the version number CPH2381_11_C.25, is currently only available in India but is expected to be rolled out to other regions soon.
OnePlus rolls out Android 13 update to Nord CE 2 Lite
The OxygenOS 13 update brings a new Aquamorphic Design to the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite, as well as improvements in privacy and performance. It also brings the device’s software design closer to Oppo’s ColorOS. In addition, the update includes the December security patch.
OnePlus has been releasing the Android 13 update to several of its smartphones over the past few months, and the expansion to the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite is the latest in a series of updates. The update is now available and users of the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite can download it by going to the System Update section in their smartphones settings.
The full changelog is as follows:
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.