Samsung keeps providing the latest technologies on its Galaxy devices. While the company launched the latest flagship phones, Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra with the modified Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, the tech giant today announced its mid-range Exynos 1380 processor for Galaxy A series smartphones. According to the official announcement, the new Exynos 1380 5nm chipset is faster and 5G compatible. Here are the details about Samsung’s new mid-range chipset Exynos 1380…
New mid-range chip Exynos 1380 is faster and 5G compatible
The Exynos 1380 is a 5nm chipset, and it features four ARM Cortex-A78 CPU cores clocked at 2.4GHz, four ARM Cortex-A55 CPU cores clocked at 2GHz, and it comes with the Mali-G68 MP5 GPU clocked at 950MHz. Samsung to launch a powerful competitor into the phone chipset market with a faster and 5G compatible processor.
Samsung points out on its introduction site, “Experiences powered up. With powerful performance, pro-grade camera, and on-device artificial intelligence (AI), the Exynos 1380 5G mobile processor will upgrade your mobile experience to pro-grade.”
According to the explanation, the new Exynos 1380 can now support phones with up to FHD+ resolution, 144Hz refresh rate screens, and 200-Megapixel primary cameras. Additionally, the processor has support for a triple camera of up to 16-megapixel, 4K video @30fps recording, and playback. It is also compatible with LPDDR4x and LPDDR5 DRAM chips and UFS 3.1 storage.
It is detailed that the built-in 5G modem comes with support for mmWave and sub-6GHz networks, BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and USB Type-C port. According to the rumors, the Exynos 1380 will be used in the Galaxy A54 5G.
Samsung Exynos 1380 specs
- CPU: Cortex®-A78x4 2.4GHz, Cortex®-A55x4 2.0GHz
- GPU: Mali™-G68 MP5
- AI: AI Engine with 4.9TOPS NPU
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz 3.79Gbps (DL) / 1.28 Gbps (UL), 5G NR mmWave 3.67Gbps (DL) / 0.92 Gbps (UL), LTE Cat.18 1.2Gbps (DL) / Cat.18 211Mbps (UL)
- Camera: Up to 200MP in single camera mode, Single-camera 64MP @30fps, Triple-camera 16+16+16MP @30fps
- Video: Up to 4K decoding : 30fps, HEVC 10bit, H.264 10bit, VP9, Up to 4K encoding : 30fps, HEVC, H.264, VP8
- Display: FHD+ @144Hz
- Memory: LPDDR4x/5
- Storage: UFS v3.1
- Process: 5nm
- GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo