YouTube launches new features to offer a better experience to users. While the company announced a few new features recently, it also brings a new beta program to YouTube Music. According to the announcements, YouTube Music launches a “Listening Room” program, which helps music lovers access more songs and podcasts easily, to select users to get feedback. Here are the details…
Listening Room beta program is available for sign-ups
The platform offers early access to new features and an invitation to an “exclusive group of users” on Discord, with the YouTube Music product team. If you are selected for the “Listening Room”, you will also get a free year of YouTube Music Premium, as well. However, there are some conditions that you need to provide. Let’s check them…
- Be a lover of music
- Use YouTube Music as your primary music streaming service for a year (you can still continue using another music streaming service at the same time)
- Give regular feedback through conversations and polls on Discord
- Agree to NOT share any information – i.e., taking screenshots, pictures, or recordings of conversations or early features with anyone outside of the Discord group
The sign-up process is available on Google Forms and the form asks for a little information about your habits, including how often you listen to music. You need to select seven possible user types if you are interested. The platform also asks about your usage and frequency of phone, computer, TV, and more devices.
Here are the user types that you are asked to select:
- Music is a huge part of my identity, and my friends know it. I’m always listening to new music, and I stay up-to-date with big music trends.
- I like discovering new music, but it’s not a huge part of my life. I often listen to music while socializing, gaming, or eating.
- I like staying in the know and being part of a music community, although I don’t have super strong opinions about music. I don’t want to miss out on the latest music trends.
- I like to listen to the same music over and over.
- I use music to change the mood and make moments more enjoyable. I usually rely on music services to stream music for me.
- I like to listen to nostalgic music, and I usually listen to music in the background while doing chores, traveling, commuting, or working out.
- Music defines and inspires me. I am highly opinionated about music, and I don’t care as much about music that is considered popular.