Dauntless is a free-to-play action role-playing video game developed by Phoenix Labs and published and distributed by Epic Games in 2019. The game has sold quite well and the developer periodically releases new updates to bring a better gameplay experience to the players. So, a new patch launched recently and seems like points out a new game mode called ”Gauntlet Hunts” alongside several changes. Check out Dauntless 1.12.3 update patch notes down below.
Dauntless 1.12.3 Update Patch Notes
The Ramsgate we know today is not the first one of its name. Explore the ruins of old Ramsgate in Gauntlet, a brand-new endless game mode which allows you to earn weapon trackers and new cells.
Race against time as you take on level after level of challenging hunts amid the ruins of old Ramsgate. Utilize unique arena perks to optimize hunts with your guild. Only the most valiant guilds will find a place on the Gauntlet leaderboard and earn coveted rank-based titles each season.
Slayers and guilds that complete Gauntlet levels will earn weapon trackers, new cells, and bundles of consumables.
Unlock Gauntlet hunts at the final milestone of the Slayer’s Path. How high can your guild climb before the end of the season?
WEAPON TRACKERS & CELLS
Bring the Crests you earn from Gauntlet hunts to Dr. Priyani’s Research Lab and trade them in for a variety of weapon trackers and three brand-new cells.
Each weapon can hold up to three trackers, allowing you to track your achievements and show off your skills as a Slayer. Tracked stats will display for all players in the nameplate above your character’s head.
RECKONING: THE STORY CONTINUES
The portal driver is a mysterious device found in the shadows of the Umbral Deeps. It saved the people of Ramsgate not long ago, but at what cost?
Activating the portal driver opened a portal away from the sundered city, but it also knocked the entire aetheric spectrum off-balance. The Agarus took root in a Farslayer homeland. The Urska awoke from a long slumber. The Chronovore appeared. The Thunderdeep Drask returned from extinction. New evolutions, like the Frostwülf and the Fenroar. New variants like the Lightbound Boreus. The surge of radiant aether. All of this was connected to the imbalance of the aetheric spectrum.
Participate in weekly story quests to help the Slayers of Ramsgate unite against this new disaster — one that they have unwittingly caused themselves…
Quality of Life
- Added a set of new quick-chat options related to Gauntlet Hunts.
- Guild tags now display next to usernames in the social menu.
- Improved style of guild-related UI items displayed overhead in the airship lobby.
- Fixed holes in a number of snow biome Hunting Grounds. No more hidden traps.
- Updated the objective text for Reckoning X to be more clear.
- Fixed a number of challenge objectives that weren’t displaying or tracking properly.
- Guild tags now properly display in all cases where name plates are displayed.
- Fixed the Dark Harvest mission UI, preventing the torch icon from overlapping with Behemoth portraits.