FIFA 23, the 30th installment in the FIFA series, receives a new update named Title Update 9. The latest version, which will be released in the coming days, brings significant changes to the game. Besides, the title is the final under the partnership between EA and FIFA. Future football games by EA without the inclusion of the FIFA name are set to be named under the banner of EA Sports FC. Let’s take a deep dive into FIFA 23 Title Update 9 patch.
FIFA 23 Title Update 9 Patch Notes
The Title Update #9 will soon be available for the PC (EA app/Origin/Steam/Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One versions of FIFA 23.
General, Audio, and Visual
Made the following changes:
- Added the UEFA Women`s Champions League (UWCL) to the Kick Off and Tournaments.
- Added the National Women`s Soccer League (NWSL) to Kick Off, Online Seasons and Friendlies, as well as Tournaments.
- Added four new Women`s clubs:
- Real Madrid C.F., VFL Wolfsburg, Juventus, and Eintracht Frankfurt
- Updated some kits, star heads, competition bios, tifos, credits, logos, armbands, badges, anthems, substitution boards, stadia, balls, ad boards, tattoos, facial accessories, trophies, and pitch flags.
- Added ten new signature celebrations.
Made the following changes:
- Players with the Explosive AcceleRATE archetype now accelerate slightly faster during the early stages of a requested sprint.
- When intercepting the ball while jockeying, the player is now better able to take control of the ball instead of it bouncing away from the player.
- Increased accuracy of Driven Ground Passes made to teammates ahead of the ball carrier, in situations where the passer is under no pressure from defenders.
- Improved contextual logic when determining if a Standing Tackle request should lead to a defending player performing a Standing Tackle or a Push/Pull.
- This change will result in more Standing Tackles being performed than Pushes or Pulls, in some situations.
- Slightly increased the likelihood of a knuckleball shot occurring when requesting a Power Shot.
- Decreased the speed that the ball can travel at from a free kick taken with the outside of the foot.
- Slightly decreased the range required for a defender to attempt a tackle without being requested to do so.
- Increased consistency of flicking the ball if the ball was in the air.
Addressed the following issues:
- In some cases, a player could take longer than intended to start sprinting with the ball when a sprint was requested.
- Goalkeepers could have sometimes anticipated shots too quickly.
- This was most noticeable in 1 on 1 situations.
- Improved referee logic when determining potential penalty kick fouls near the edge of the box.
- In rare cases, the camera would not position itself as intended for penalty kicks.
- When performing a tackle near the touchline, defenders could sometimes kick the ball out of play more often than intended.
FIFA Ultimate Team™
Addressed the following issue:
- A stability issue could occur in Co-Op Friendlies.