For Honor has been receiving a new update named Patch 2.481, which focuses on many changes. The update offers a new hero alongside numerous improvements and bug fixes. Let’s review the For Honor 2.481 update patch notes.
For Honor 2.481 Update Patch Notes
Front Dodge Bash changes
In the previous patch, we’ve sped up our 500ms front dodge bashes to be 433ms. This introduced an unfortunate interaction where these attacks could reliably be dodged on a single timing. We’ve made the following changes to ensure there is no singular dodge timing to beat these attacks:
- All 433ms Front Dodge Bashes now lose tracking 100ms later during the attack against dodging opponents
- The following heroes have their Front Dodge recovery lowered by 100ms
- Additional changes
- Medjay’s Throne Room Tackle can now be performed starting at 300ms during their Front Dodge, up from 100ms
- Tiandi’s Palm Strike can now be performed starting at 366ms during their Front Dodge, up from 300ms
Dev comments: The changes to the way Front Dodge Bashes track opponents makes it to that delayed Front Dodge Bashes will now properly connect against early dodges. This should return to the type of play we had before the changes, where the intent was that opponents had to read between dodging early or late; due to how the changes were implemented, there was an issue where a single dodge timing could beat buffered bashes, delayed bashes and dodge to guardbreak; with these new timings, this type of situation should no longer happen.
To ensure this is also fixed on Conqueror, Jormungandr and Zhanhu, we’ve also lowered their recovery from Front Dodge so they can Guardbreak earlier and catch the outlier dodges that can effectively dodge both the buffered and delayed bashes.
Finally, we’ve also applied a change to Medjay and Tiandi; Medjay’s Throne Room Tackle was too oppressive at their new timings, while Tiandi’s new timings meant that players had one less option to beat Tiandi when the hero performed a dodge cancel from Light attacks into Palm Strike. With this new change, players should be able to trade with Palm Strike by using a Light Attack.
- Meikai Rift (Light Finishers) no longer have Uninterruptible Stance.
- Hitokiri now gains Uninterruptible Stance at 100ms when performing Endless Myriad, down from starting at 300ms
*Dev comment: Hitokiri used to have Uninterruptible Stance on Meikai Rift to be used as an early trading tool, but this proved to be awkward as the hero needed to end their chain and pressure to trade with opponents. As the hero’s identity is to be a relentless attacker and have strong mixups, we’ve adjusted the position of the Uninterruptible Stance so Hitokiri is able to use their chained Heavies more effectively in outnumbered situations and be more difficult to peel.*
- Chain Link Timing changes from Opener Light attack to Rei Kick / Rei Sweep
- On Hit and On Block, chain link timing now starts at 333ms, up from 200ms
- On Miss, chain link timing now starts at 233ms, up from 100ms
*Dev comment: With Hitokiri’s chained Heavy attacks getting better Uninterruptible Stance timings, we changed this chain link timing to give opponents more options after the hero’s Light Openers; they can now interrupt Rei Kick with a Light attack on a successful read.*
- Adjusted the Weapon Trajectories for all Heavy Attacks to have better range
*Dev comment: One of our goals for Hitokiri is to ensure players can effectively use the hero’s Side Heavy attacks in outnumbered situations, in combination with Uninterruptible Stance. Their current values were underwhelming and made it too difficult to hit external opponents; with these adjustments, they should hit more reliably and give Hitokiri more offense-based defense in group fights.*
WHITE BONUS SPIRIT ARMOR
- Improved the White Bonus Spirit Armor, adapted the model to better fit Body Type 1 and fixed a few clipping issues
LOCAL TONE MAPPING
- Added new Local Tone Mapping Display Option
*Dev comments: Instead of using one average exposure value for the frame, we adjust it independently for different parts of the image. It means that we can get back details in very bright or very dark areas, without losing the overall quality.*
It’s an option you can enable on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X in Quality Mode, and on PC. It’s off by default, so you can choose to try it or not.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Shugoki to have backward dodge animation on right stance and side dodges (FH-6073)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Nuxia left dodge animation to trigger when on the left guard and performing a back dodge (FH-6160)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jiang Jun neutral zone attack to move him backwards when attacking minions (FH-5707)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Ocelotl to instant kill an opponent using the ballista with Hunter’s Snare (FH-5926)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Orochi’s side heavy finisher animations to not be in sync with his sword (FH-3118)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Event and Hidden Gears to appear as not obtained and locked when equipped (FH-5759)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Jiang Jun to play Sifu’s Swirl voice line on Sifu’s Poise stance (FH-5921)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Zhanhu “Songshen” Arms to have “Wei Ling” visual on right arm on Alternate Body Type (FH-6104)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Medjay’s ornaments are misplaced on left arm (FH-6072/FH-6118)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Conqueror “Dark Pellinor” shield to not apply Paint Patterns properly (FH-6027)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the “Zealous Zhu Que” effect to be delayed on idle emote (FH-5900)
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Peacekeeper shoulder pauldrons to be missing from Arms sets” Sapiencia” and “Horkos” during preview
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Kyoshin scabbard to be offset during neutral dodges (FH-4709)