Fortnite is an online game developed by Epic Games and released in 2017. It is available in three distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite Battle Royale, Fortnite: Save the World, and Fortnite Creative. The game receives a new update, which points out changes that increase the gameplay. Let’s dive deep into the Fortnite 23.50 update patch notes.
Fortnite Update 23.50 Patch Notes
Encrypted and unencrypted messages have been intercepted in the form of Cipher Quests. The unencrypted messages are straightforward, but it’s up to you to solve the mystery of the encrypted ones! Figure out how to crack the encrypted Quests then complete all of them. In the process, take up the unvaulted Six Shooter and Infantry Rifle!
CIPHER QUESTS: INTERPRET THE CRYPTIC MESSAGES
In the Cipher Quests section of the Quests page, you’ll find unencrypted Quests that have clear objectives, and an encrypted Quest with an objective that’s… inconclusive. Use the clues at your disposal to figure it out! After completing the encrypted Quest, you’ll unlock the next one after it becomes available. A new Cipher Quest will be added each day until March 7, 2023, and all the Quests will be available until 3/10/23.
Earn XP by completing individual Cipher Quests. For completing certain amounts of Cipher Quests, you’ll unlock new items for your Locker:
- 7 unencrypted Cipher Quests: Keep the Peace Spray
- 15 unencrypted Cipher Quests: Order Up Loading Screen
- 24 unencrypted Cipher Quests: Deciphered Emoticon
- 3 encrypted Cipher Quests: Circuitry Wrap
For completing a certain encrypted Cipher Quest, you’ll unlock the Distant Roar Spray.
CIPHER QUESTING OLD-SCHOOL
Speaking of mysteries, it’s no mystery that the Six Shooter and the Infantry Rifle are out of the vault! These classic weapons can be found from the ground, Chests, and Supply Drops. Some of the Cipher Quests will have you using ’em!
- The Oathbound Chest spawn rate has increased from 70% to 100%.
- Players have an increased chance to roll the Mechanical Archer Reality Augment.
- In v23.50, Reality Augments you haven’t unlocked will be more likely to unlock.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Rift-jector Seat Reality Augment. This Reality Augment is now re-enabled.
Fortnite is available on Windows, macOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, iOS, and Android.