Polyphony Digital launched the 1.29 update for Gran Turismo 7. As it turns out, the developer offers players a better gameplay experience thanks to regular patches. The new version which was released a while ago brings five cars alongside many changes and adjustments. Check out the Gran Turismo 7 update 1.29 patch notes down below.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.29 Patch Notes
Main Features Implemented
- The following five new cars have been added:
・Citroën DS 21 Pallas ’70 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)
・Honda RA272 ’65 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)
・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Street Mode
・Italdesign EXENEO Vision Gran Turismo Off-road Mode
・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) ’73 (available for purchase at Legend Cars)
- The Grand Valley race track comes with four different layouts:
・Grand Valley – Highway 1
・Grand Valley – Highway 1 Reverse
・Grand Valley – South
・Grand Valley – South Reverse
This track will be available at Collector Level 15.
3. World Circuits
– “Circuit Experience” has been added to the “Grand Valley – Highway 1” track in the Americas section.
– The following new events have been added to World Circuits:
・Grand Valley – Highway 1
- World Touring Car 600
- Gr.1 Prototype Series
- American Sunday Cup 600
- Japanese Clubman Cup 550
- Historic Sports Car Masters
World Touring Car 600 will be available at Collector Level 15; American Sunday Cup 600 will be available after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (Championship: World GT Series) and having watched the ending; Japanese Clubman Cup 550 will be available after starting Menu Book No. 42 (Gr.1 Prototype Series) that unlocks at Collector Level 30; and Historic Sportscar Masters will be available after starting Menu Book No. 46 (Historic Sports Car Masters) that unlocks at Collector Level 29.
・WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
- Sunday Cup Classic
The Sunday Cup Classic will be available after reaching Menu Book No. 13 (Try Your Hand at a Mission).
- The PlayStation®5 console now fully supports PlayStation®VR2. Every game mode (excluding “2P Split Screen”), every online race, and an exclusive VR Showroom mode is available in VR.
5. Gran Turismo Sophy
- A limited-time “Race Together” event now allows players to challenge the autonomous racing agent Gran Turismo Sophy (GT Sophy). This event is only available on the PlayStation®5 console version. “Race Together” will be available after reaching Collector Level 6 and can be accessed from the special banner at the top right of the World Map screen.
- The following functions have been added to Scapes:
・”Height-Adjustable Spots” button on the Scapes home screen
・Heat Glow effect
- The Drift Stage and “Move the camera up and down” features have been added to Curation in Scapes.
- Tutorials for “Drifting” have been added.
7. Brand Central
- New Museum section for Italdesign has been added for Europe (Italy).
- New Museum section for Sony AI has been added for Asia-Pacific (Japan).
- The following two new Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 16: Collection: Honda Motorsports (Collector Level 47 and above)
・Extra Menu No. 17: Collection: Porsche 911 Carrera RS (Collector Level 39 and above)
- There are new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in your “Garage” and speaking with the Characters in the Café.
- Kunihisa Ito
・Honda NSX GT500 ’08
・Mazda 787B ’91
・Mini Cooper ‘S’ ’65
・RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7
- Hikonori Kagurazaka
・Aston Martin Vulkan ’16
・Bugatti Chiron ’16
・Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ’13
・Citroën DS 21 Pallas ’70
- Hideo Kodama
・BMW i3 ’15
・Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe ’54
・ Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster ’60
・Suzuki Swift Sport ’17
・Toyota Sport 800 ’65
- Tom Matano
・AMG Mercedes AMG C 63 S ’15
・AMG 300 SEL 6.8 AMG ’71
・Honda S660 ’15
・Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV ’15
・Mazda Demio XD Touring ’15
- Shiro Nakamura
・BMW M3 Coupé ’07
・De Tomaso Pantera ’71
・Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe ’64
- Ed Welburn
・Chevrolet Camaro SS ’16
・Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package ’18
・Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 ’19
・Pontiac GTO ‘The Judge’ ’69
・Honda RA272 ’65
・Honda S800 ’66
・McLaren MP4/4 ’88
・Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) ’73
9. GT Auto
- Thirteen new paint colors have been added to the Real Car Paint section of the Paint Shop.
- Race events that only allow for certain Car Settings to be adjusted have been added.
- “Results” button to display the race result after a qualifier or race has been added.
- Engine startup sound and haptic vibration have been added when changing cars in the “Garage” while using a PlayStation®5 DualSense™ wireless controller.
13. Race Screen
- Added a “Display Car Info Only” option in the Race Info Display section of Display Settings
- Added the same option in the Race Info Display section of the replay options available during a replay
Other Improvements and Adjustments
- We fixed an issue in which the amount of downforce set would increase if Rear “Type A” parts were attached to the following cars:
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR ’96
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR ’98
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. SCP ’99
- We changed the display for the Peugeot L500R Hybrid VGT 2017 to now include the power output from the motor in the vehicle’s max power. (This does not affect the vehicle’s performance when driving or its Performance Points.)
- We stabilized how the Dodge SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo behaves during the rolling start of an online race.
- We adjusted the penalty system algorithm at the following two sections on the Daytona International Speedway Road Course:
・Pit Lane Exit
・Chicane Exit (Turn 11)
3. Steering Controllers
- We fixed an issue in which the screen would occasionally freeze for 1.5 seconds when using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller.
- Fixed various text localization issues.
- Various other issues have been addressed.
Gran Turismo 7 is available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.