To be honest, Apple Music is not the best option among other music streaming platforms. Although there is a significant tech company behind it, it couldn’t catch the popularity and trend. It also doesn’t have a large content library. That’s why people prefer other alternatives like Spotify to Apple Music. People, who use this music streaming service, subscribe to it due to its brand, Apple. If you have already subscribed to Apple’s music streaming platform, and you want to cancel it, here is how to cancel your Apple Music subscription.
Cancel Apple Music subscription
When it comes to music streaming platforms, you may think about Spotify at first because of its popularity and content. However, Apple Music is also one of the most popular platforms. If you’re now reading this article, you must have already subscribed to the platform to listen to music. However, if you’re not happy with Apple Music, there are a few ways to cancel your subscription, even though it is not as easy as finding the “sign up” button. Let’s check these ways to cancel your subscription on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS.
How to cancel Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Click the subscription.
- Select Cancel Subscription. You may need to scroll down to find the cancel button. If there is no button or you see an expiration message in red text, your subscription is already canceled.
Cancel Apple Music on your Mac
You may use Apple Music on your Windows PC because of its interface or another reason. If you get bored using this platform and want to cancel it, here is how to cancel Apple Music on your Windows PC.
- Open the App Store app.
- Choose your name. If you can’t find your name, click Sign In.
- Tap on the Account Settings.
- Scroll to Subscriptions, then click Manage.
- Next to the subscription, select Edit.
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If there is no button, or you see an expiration message in red text, your subscription is already canceled.
On your Windows PC
- On your PC, open iTunes. If you don’t have iTunes, learn how to download iTunes for Windows.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account, then choose View My Account.
- Click View Account.
- Scroll to the Settings section. Next to Subscriptions, click Manage.
- Click Cancel Subscription. If there is no Cancel or Cancel Subscription button, the subscription is already canceled.
- Click Edit.
Having an Android device doesn’t mean that you will not use any Apple products. Apple allows you to use Apple Music on your Android device. You can download the app from Google Play Store and use it to listen to your favorite songs. If you want to cancel your subscription on Android, here are the ways how to cancel Apple Music.
- Open the Apple Music mobile app on your device.
- Click the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select Manage Subscriptions on the next page.
- Click the Cancel Subscription button underneath the available plans.
Apple informs that,
- If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription, and you don’t want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends.
- Canceling subscriptions is slightly different in some countries and regions. Learn about special circumstances for Germany, Israel, South Africa, and Turkey.
If you used these ways to cancel your subscription, you’re free now. You can now look for other music streaming platforms. While there are a lot of alternatives to Apple Music, a few of them are the best ones. You can check the best music streaming platforms here.