Photo and video sharing platform Instagram gains thousands of followers every day. Business owners and personal account holders on Instagram want to change their passwords for various reasons. People who forget their Instagram password or have a business account can easily renew their Instagram password from their phone or computer to create a stronger password. Here are the details.
How to renew your password from Instagram’s phone app
- First, open the Instagram app on your mobile phone.
- Access your own profile page through the application.
- In the app, go to Settings, Security and finally Password.
- First, enter the password you are currently using, then the one you want to use from now on in the application.
- As the last step, you can click on the blue tick icon in the upper right corner and finalize the process.
How to renew your password from computer
- Log in to Instagram from your web browser.
- Enter your profile page by clicking on the profile icon at the top right of the website.
- Click on the Settings icon on the site and access Instagram settings.
- Click on the Change Password option in the Settings menu.
- First, enter your current password, then your new password that you will use from now on in the app.
- Finally, you can change your Instagram account password from your computer by clicking the Change Password button.
How to reset your Instagram password
- First, you need to open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- When you get to the login screen, you should tap on the option called ‘Get help logging in’.
- At this point, you need to enter your phone number, email, or username that is linked to your account.
First of all, there are two methods at this point. The first of these is the process of getting a new password for Instagram. In this method, as soon as the phone number is entered, a password comes, which you can use only once. With this password, you can log in to the application and change your password.
Also, there is a link to reset your Instagram password. This password reset link will sent to you when you enter your e-mail address. When you click on this link, you will be taken directly to a page to change your Instagram password. Once you have completed the steps to change your forgotten Instagram password, you will have changed your Instagram password.
What to do if the Instagram password reset link does not open
If the Instagram password reset link does not open, you should first try changing your password in a web browser instead of the app. Sometimes, due to a problem with the Instagram application, it may be necessary to perform this process through the browser. Therefore, follow the procedure as follows:
- You must first enter the link https://www.instagram.com/accounts/password/reset/ on your computer.
- From here, enter your username in the relevant section and check the option called “I am not a robot”.
- Finally, you can perform your transaction by clicking the renew password button.
With this method, you will receive a link to renew your password again to the e-mail address registered to your account. You should also open this email on your computer. If there is no problem with your account, this step will resolve your problem.
Remember that if you still log into Instagram with a weak password, a password that is duplicated on other sites, or one that might have been compromised in a hack or data breach, it might be time for a change. Because maintaining security for online sites and services (particularly social media accounts) is very important. This is an important issue.