Android devices entered our lives in 2008 and they have evolved a lot all this time. You can copy text, also text in an image, and a link to a page from one place and paste it somewhere else. It’s a very old feature, but you may not know how to use it or may have forgotten. In this article, we’ll show you how you can use the copy-and-paste feature that Android phones have had since their existence.
Copy and paste a text
- Find the text that you need to copy.
- Double-tap or press and hold your finger on any word.
- This activates the Android selection tool. Two blue bubbles appear before and after the word you selected. Drag either of the bubbles toward the left or right to expand or shrink your selection.
- Once done, tap Copy in the box above the selection. This will copy everything between the bubbles to your clipboard.
- Head to the app where you want to paste the text. Long-press a text field until you see the Paste option, which you can then tap.
Copy and paste a text embedded in an image
- Open Google Photos and select an image that contains the text.
- From the options toward the bottom of the display, tap on the Lens icon, which looks like a square camera.
- Google Lens will take a few seconds to analyze the image and highlight all the selectable text.
- If you only want to copy specific text, select what you want to copy just like in steps 2 and 3 above.
- Tap on Copy Text toward the bottom left corner of the screen and use the same method in step 5 above to paste it in the desired location.
Copy and paste web URLs
- Tap on the address bar toward the top of the display.
- Press the copy icon (it looks like overlapping squares) toward the top right of the screen, in between the share and edit icons.
- A message will confirm that you’ve copied the link.
- Now head to the app where you wish to paste this link. Tap and hold any text field until you see the Paste option.
So, these are the ways how to use copy and paste feature on Android devices. What are your thoughts on this issue? You can share with us in the comment section below.