YouTube could be the most popular video streaming platform around the world. The platform offers a lot of functions and opportunities to users. You can listen to music, watch videos, and share and upload videos on the streaming platform. However, there is an annoying issue while watching videos. If you would like to watch the video more than once, YouTube could show you several ads or other things, but you can download the video. If you are also trying to download your favorites, but don’t know how to do it, there are a few ways to download YouTube videos.
Downloading YouTube videos
While the platform allows you to download the videos on your mobile device by purchasing a premium subscription, there is no download button on your computer. If you have a premium subscription and mobile device, you can download videos on your smartphone and watch them offline. However, there are a few ways to watch videos offline on the computer by using third-party services. You shouldn’t forget that many videos on YouTube are copyrighted, and it is illegal to download them from YouTube without notifying the creator.
VLC Media Player
One of the most known ways to download YouTube videos is VLC Media Player. The application is free, it allows you to watch videos or play music from your Mac or PC. You can also use it to download YouTube videos. If you want to download videos by using VLC, follow these ways:
- Choose the video you want to download off YouTube and copy its URL.
- Open VLC. If you’re on a PC, select Media in the top menu, and then Open Network Stream. If you’re on a Mac, select File in the top menu, and then Open Network.
- In the pop-up that appears, choose the Network tab and paste the YouTube video’s URL in the text box at the top, and then tap Play or Open at the bottom.
- After a moment, the YouTube video will begin playing. You should know that a longer YouTube video will take longer to open.
- If you’re on a PC, select Tools in the top menu, and then Media Information. If you’re on a Mac, select Window in the top menu, and then Media Information.
- In the Media Information pop-up, there will be a Location text box at the bottom. Double-click the URL in this text box to select it, and then copy it.
- Go back to your web browser and paste that link into the URL text box at the top of the screen, and then hit the Enter key on a PC or Return key on a Mac.
- The link will direct you to a page with just the video playing. Tap on the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner, and then select Download.
The official and easiest way to download YouTube videos and watch them offline is to use the Download button on the YouTube Mobile app. You can use this feature by purchasing YouTube Premium.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android or iOS device.
- Choose the video you want to download for offline viewing.
- Select the Download button.
Other ways to download YouTube videos
- WinX / MacX YouTube Downloader
These third-party applications could help you download the videos and watch them offline. However, you shouldn’t forget that you should be careful while downloading files from third-party platforms. They can contain some harmful software like viruses, or something else. That’s why you should use the official ways while downloading videos from YouTube. Additionally, using third-party applications could be illegal in terms of copyright issues.