While Google Assistant has been in our daily lives on Android devices, it will have a more active role in our lives with the new Pixel Watch. Indeed, Google Assistant has been on older Android smartwatches, but it will be a new experience to use it on Google Pixel Watch. Here are the details about how to use Google Assistant on Google’s first wearable.
Google Assistant on Pixel Watch
Google launched its first wearable “Pixel Watch” at the Made by Google event. The device comes with great features and it is a good rival against other wearables. Thanks to Wear OS, it will be easier to use the digital voice assistant. Additionally, you can control everything on your wrist by using your Pixel Watch.
How to enable Google Assistant on Pixel Watch
If you would like to enable and use the digital assistant on your Pixel Watch, there are a few things you need to do before using it. You can follow these steps to make it available.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the ⚙ to access the settings menu.
2. Scroll up until and choose Google.
3. Select Assistant.
4. Click on Get started.
5. Now, take your smartphone and tap on Set up in the lower right corner.
6. Review the information. Then tap on More and I agree.
7. Select I agree.
8. Tap on OK.
When you enable the Assistant on your Pixel Watch, you can easily access it in these ways.
1. Press and hold on the top button, the one above the haptic crown.
2. With the screen active, say, “Hey, Google.”
3. Press the haptic crown and select Assistant from the app list.
What Google Assistant can do?
You can do several things on the Pixel Watch via Google Assistant. Here is the list of what the Assistant can do:
Get local info
- Weather: What’s the weather today?
- Food: Find pizza restaurants nearby.
- Business hours: Is Walgreens still open?
- Navigation: Navigate home.
Plan your day
- Traffic: How’s the traffic to work?
- Reminders: Remind me to do laundry this evening. Remind me to call Mom every Sunday.
- Calendar events: When’s my first meeting today? Add a meeting to my calendar.
- Flights: Is United flight 1463 on time?
- Game updates: Who won the Warriors game?
- Calculations: What’s 20% of 80?
- Dictionary: What does “gregarious” mean?
- Translations: How do I say “Nice to meet you” in French?
- Finance: How’s the S&P 500 doing?
- Unit conversions: How many kilometers in a mile?
- Search: Search for summer vacation ideas.
- Image search: Find pictures of kittens.
- Web answer: How do you remove wine stains from a rug?
- Music: Play some Jazz music.
- Podcasts: Play the latest episode from This American Life.
- News: Play the news. What’s the latest news from BBC?
- Get to know your Assistant: Do you dream? What’s your favorite color?
- Games: Let’s play a game. Give me a trivia question.
- Entertainment: Tell me a joke. Tell me something interesting.
- Animal facts: Tell me about giraffes. What’s the animal of the day?