Introduced last year, the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 focuses directly on computers. Qualcomm, which previously produced computer processors, appeared more assertive this time. Lenovo ThinkPad x13s was the first model to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3.
Lenovo ThinkPad X13s
Lenovo has announced that its flagship Arm-powered laptop, the Lenovo ThinkPad X13s, is now available to buy from Verizon and Lenovo’s website. Right now, the Lenovo ThinkPad X13s is the best Windows on Arm laptop available, mainly because it’s the first and only one to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 chipset.
The new ARM-based processor, which comes out of the 5 nm manufacturing process, brings a higher performance of 85% in the CPU and close to 60% in the GPU compared to the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2. It also has 5G support at different levels and supports Wi-Fi 6 and 6E.
The key thing setting this laptop apart from other members of the Lenovo ThinkPad family is its processor. ARM’s secret formula has long been low power consumption though, and Lenovo says the Thinkpad X13s can get up to 28 hours of battery life during local video playback from its 49.5 Wh battery.
ThinkPad X13s specs
- Processor: Snapdragon® 8cx Gen 3 Compute Platform (3.00 GHz up to 3.00 GHz)
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro ARM
- Memory: Up to 32GB LPDDR4x 4267Mhz soldered down (dual channel)
- Storage: Up to 1TB PCIe SSD Gen 4
- Graphics: Integrated Qualcomm® Adreno™ 690 Graphics
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 13.4mm x 298.7mm x 206.4mm x / 0.53″ x 11.76″ x 8.13″
- Weight: Starting at 1.06kg / 2.35lbs
- Color: Thunder Black, certified 90% recycled magnesium
About the price
Verizon offers a 16GB/512GB model for $1450 when you pay full price, or $1350 when you sign up for a 2-year contract. But if you don’t want to make that commitment, you might be better off ordering directly from Lenovo.