Meta continues to release new features and improvements to keep its social media platform active. On Sunday, Mark Zuckerberg announced a paid Twitter Blue-like subscription service, Meta Verified, for Facebook and Instagram. According to the official announcements, the new feature will help creators establish their presence. Here are the details about Meta’s new paid subscription service, Meta Verified…
Meta Verified is a Twitter Blue-like subscription service
The popular social media company is testing a new paid subscription bundle for users to build their communities on Instagram or Facebook. The upcoming bundle will include several features such as proactive account protection, increased visibility and reach, and more. We are familiar with that service from Twitter. Elon Musk, Twitter’s owner, announced Twitter Blue with very similar features last year.
Meta will demand some significant documents, including a valid government ID, to better authenticate users and to confirm “that the people you’re interacting with are who they say they are.” Additionally, the social media platform claimed that it is working on the Meta Verified feature for a long time to offer useful features. Here are the advantages you’ll get with Meta Verified:
- A verified badge, confirming you’re the real you and that your account has been authenticated with a government ID.
- More protection from impersonation with proactive account monitoring for impersonators who might target people with growing online audiences.
- Help when you need it with access to a real person for common account issues.
- Increased visibility and reach with prominence in some areas of the platform– like search, comments and recommendations.
- Exclusive features to express yourself in unique ways.
The popular social media firm also announced the prices of Meta Verified. While the new subscription service will be available in Australia and New Zealand starting later this week, it costs $11.99 on the web and $14.99 on iOS and Android for a monthly subscription. Also, it costs AUD 19.99 on the web, and AUD 24.99 on iOS and Android, NZD 23.99 on the web, NZD 29.99 on iOS and Android in the recently available countries.