Nordic Ashes is a Norse-inspired action-rogue lite enemy hell, where you’ll have to survive hordes of creatures. The game gets a new update today, focusing on a new survivor and more. Don’t miss the latest patch for solid gameplay. Check out the Nordic Ashes 0.8.4.1 update patch notes below.
Nordic Ashes 0.8.4.1 Update Patch Notes
After reading your comments, we’ve realized the new changes were to harsh so here’s a hotfix:
- The Fury mechanic has been removed for now. It’s a very big change, and we will add it again next week on the Beta so we can all try it and discuss it.
- Greed and Talkôr’s Orbs will keep scaling once again.
- Some Chinese characters were missing. Also, we’ve completed the translation so far.
If you missed the previous version, you could check its patch notes below.
Alfheim RagnarokYou will be able to face Ragnarok levels in Alfheim! Bosses and elites now have new abilities too! Who will make it to the top 10???
Some changes have been reversed and updated in this post.
We have adjusted several things:
- The infinite gold bag time has been increased from 2 to 2.5.
- The chance that enemies affected by the gold status will give a gold coin when dying has been reduced from 25% to 10%.
The Fury mechanic has been removed in the v0.8.4.1. It’s a very big change and we will add it again next week on the Beta so we can all try it and discuss it.
Bosses will now have to be defeated in a certain amount of time. This time is set according to the difficulty (don’t worry, there is enough time for you to defeat them).
If the boss is not defeated in time, it will enter Rage mode and the next hit you receive will be lethal (you’ll still be able to fight and defeat it in this mode, it’s not an automatic one-shot bye bye).
You can see the time left above the life bar.
We want to make it easier to earn leaves, especially for new players who have many to unlock.
Therefore, we have done the following:
- Enemies will now grant leaves when defeated a number of times, whether they are common enemies or Elites.
- The base seed drop probability has been increased.
- Earned leaves are now displayed on the end game panel.
The Bestiary is now available on the Glossary! In this section you will see all the enemies you have defeated. It will show how many times you have defeated an enemy and how many times it has defeated you.
Fixes and improvements:
- The information on how to earn Yggdrasil leaves now shows how many leaves you have obtained by defeating common and elite enemies.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain boss animations to freeze when affected by status effects.
- Fixed text bugs.
- Reducing the alpha of the visual effects now applies correctly to Helga’s relics.
- Improved performance with poison visual effects that could generate a lot of lag.
- Performance improved on the Repulsion Charm artifact.