Valheim is a famous survival and sandbox video game developed by Iron Gate Studio and published by Coffee Stain Studios. The upcoming title was released in early access on 2 February 2021 for Linux and Windows via Steam, and is set to be released for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S on 14 March 2023. So, the dev wants to offer players solid gameplay, so they are holding tight the things. A new update arrived a while ago that brings tons of changes to the game. The patch notes of the Valheim 0.214.2 update are below.
Valheim 0.214.2 Update Patch Notes
Time for another patch with a chunky assortment of fixes! Several bugs have been corrected (both coding bugs and Seeker behaviors), and some Quality of Life improvements have been made, along with some performance optimizations. We have also added a “save” button, so you no longer have to worry about when your last autosave might have been.
Abbreviated Patch Notes
* Various fixes for the Mistlands
* Various menu and UI improvements
* Added manual save button
* Various performance optimizations
* Localisation improvements
Detailed Patch Notes
Gameplay & Balance
* Mistlands giant helmet and sword will now properly drop both iron and copper scrap as intended
* Seeker soldier and ticks should now respawn correctly in dungeons, and ticks starred ticks chance increased from 10% to 20% as intended.
Fixes & Improvements
* Added Munin to Ribcage locations in Mistlands
* Added saving icon to HUD and delayed the “bad connection icon” when saving
* All game texts have been optimized for better clarity and performance
* Reworked button prompts to a new visual style, added some missing buttons, etc.
* Key hints are now displayed in a horizontal line rather than vertical list and visible in all needed contexts
* Kicked players get a proper message
* Menu selection markers should now be displayed correctly in all languages
* Fixed several focus loss scenarios when using a gamepad
* Haldor’s lines are now translated correctly
* Build menu has been widened to avoid overlapping other interface items
* D-Pad should now be usable in all menus
* Controller and keyboard usage of menus improved
* Skills menu should now work correctly with gamepad and show tooltips correctly
* Mistlands boss should no longer escape her room during rare occasions (changes have been made to how ownership of objects work when transferred to another player; specifically checking the positions)
* Fixed a bug that caused projectiles to sometimes miss even though it obviously should have connected
* Durability bar on item in the inventory and action bar is now only visible if the item has been damaged
* Fixed a visual bug that showed servers that were being pinged as offline
* Thatch roof i-corner 45o can now support itself and will protect underlying beams from rain properly
* Thatch & darkwood roof top 26o middle beam point fixed
Quality of Life
* Added alternative controller layout and changed layout to be more readable. Build snapping is a toggle in the alternative layout, and has an icon when active
* Added manual save button to the pause menu that displays last save time
* Crafting menus and quick use bar now have cycling navigation when using gamepad
* You can now use the sticks to move to and from a container inventory from the player inventory directly rather than changing menu focus
* Crafting station is now focused when opening a crafting station
* Language can now be changed without restarting the game
* If a server is unjoinable for version mismatch or other restriction this will shown when attempting to join a game from the server list immediately rather than having to wait for the game to load
* Performance of distant mountain shadows greatly increased, and added a setting to turn off distant shadows completely. (This may increase performance significantly for players with older graphic cards)
* Performance increased while in dungeons
* Performance improved when using many map pins
* Performance improved while using the inventory with many items
* Network stability and performance improvements for crossplay
* Improved cloud save performance on Microsoft Store version.
* Memory optimizations for textures and fonts
Valheim is available on Linux, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.