Warhammer 40K: Darktide is a first-person action game set in the Warhammer 40K universe, developed and published by Fatshark. It was released for Microsoft Windows on 30 November 2022. The release for Xbox Series X/S will be revealed by Paul Naylor of the entertainment zone at a later date. The game has received a new update named Hotfix 1.0.41, which focuses on several fixes. As seen, the new version does not offer major things. Check out the Warhammer 40K: Darktide Hotfix Patch #7 update patch notes below.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide Patch #7 Update Patch Notes
Updated aim assist for controllers with four settings:
- Full (DEFAULT) – Our latest Aim Assist code. Faster and easier to use with a slowdown when close to aiming at enemies. This applies to melee and ranged and will follow the target in a rotation if you aim and strafe.
- Light – The same as “Full” but with some features disabled, including the rotation lock when strafing.
- Legacy – The classic Aim Assist code used in Vermintide 2 and previous Darktide versions.
- Off – Turn off Aim Assist.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Covering Fire’ sometimes didn’t trigger correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword to block ranged attacks without the Deflector Blessing.
- Fixed an issue where the Achlys Mk VII Twin-Linked Heavy Stubber had partially unlocalised texts for stat details.
- Fixed the graphical effect for wounds caused by the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword’s activated special attacks
- Shortened time between firing and reloading weapon special while aiming down sights for Shotguns.
- Fixed a bug where the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword had made you move faster than intended when swapping weapons.
- Fixed a bug where stats weren’t applied correctly to 4th light attacks on the Deimos Mk IV Blaze Force Sword and the Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Swords.
- Fixed an issue where some sounds, for example, from Force Staff projectiles, always played as if the listener was in a first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Exorcist’ Blessing triggered on all hits, not only weak spot hits.
- Fixed an issue where the Agripinaa Mk VII Combat Shotgun couldn’t shoot through thin walls and covers when using the special shell.
- Weapon special attacks on activated weapons (Chain swords, Thunder hammers, Force swords, Chain axes) now always stop on Elites, Specials, Monsters, and Captain regardless of cleave.
- Fixed issue where Illisi Mk V Blaze Force Sword weapon special attack did not activate the Psykinetic feat ‘Warp Absorption’ correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer and the Rifthaven Mk II Purgatus Force Staff where crits would not apply correct damage and/or burn stacks on burned enemies.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause a server crash when using the Nomanus Mk VI Surge Force Staff and attacking enemies dropping down from ledges.
VFX / SFX / Animation – Warhammer 40K: Darktide Patch #7 Out Now, Patch Notes
- Fixed issue where shotguns hitting Carapace Armor played incorrect vfx/sfx.
- Ogryns have been instructed by Hadron in proper auspex handling, and no longer cover the display with their thumb.
- Fixed issue where Achlys mkVII Heavy Stubber braced reload had no sound.
UI / HUD
- Resolved an issue with the crosshair alignment for the new shotgun marks when using the special attack.
Other Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed issue where dead players could receive health from medical crates and drain medkits resources.
- Some work to try and reduce the amount of disconnects caused when players join games.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t deploy an Ammo Crate while sprinting.
- Fixed issue where the player indicator on the auspex scanner was not rendered correctly when scanning in a scanning event.
Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer
- Lower clipsize range from 30-50 to 20-40, reserve from 90-250 to 80-200.
- Lower alt fire spray armor mods:
- damage vs Flak mod near-far from 175%-75% to 100%-50%
- impact vs Flak mod near-far from 100%-25% to 75%-10%
- damage vs Carapace mod near-far from 25%-0% to 10%-0%
- impact vs Carapace mod near-far from 20%-10% to 10%-1%
- impact vs Maniac mod near-far from 150%-125% to 100%-50%
- Lower burst armor mods:
- impact vs Flak mod near-far from 100%-100% to 100%-50%
- impact vs Carapace mod near-far from 20%-20% to 10%-1%
- impact vs Maniac mod near-far from 150%-150% to 100%-50%
- Reduce initial impact on alt fire spray, ramps from impact range 1-2 to 10-15, was 5-9 to 10-15
“We wanted to adjust the broad capability of the flamer to deal with pretty much all targets, specifically when combined with the Zealots ability Chastise the Wicked that grants armor penetration after use. By increasing the value of armor for our poor burning enemies while limiting the amount of stagger, we hope to create a clearer use for the Flamer. Since the armor penetration effectively degrades Carapace armor to Flak armor, the removal of high damage vs. Flak helps bring flamer-wielding Zealots into more balanced territory. Combined with a lowered clip size, we hope to move away from a general-purpose purging tool that leaves nothing left alive into a more defined horde-clear role that benefits from some help dealing with heavily armored enemies. It should still leave most things dead, but it might require slightly more diligent purging.”
Munitorum Mk III and Mk IV Power Swords
- Reduce number of attacks per weapon special activation from 2 to 1.
- Removed the extra weapon special attacks when using heavy attacks.
- Power Cycler blessing: Reduce the number of extra attacks per weapon special activation from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where chaining attacks would sometimes not count toward the number of activations properly.
- Summary: Powerswords get 1 activation default, total of 3 if running Power Cycler. (Down from 2 default and 5 with blessing)
Crucis Mk II and Ironhelm Mk IV Thunder Hammer
- Reduce action lockout time from 1.1s to 0.6s on activated hit stun.
- Increase headshot/crit configuration of light attacks, from 2.5%-7.5% bonus to 15%-45%.
Shotguns and Ripperguns – Warhammer 40K: Darktide Patch #7 Out Now, Patch Notes
- Fire Frenzy blessing fixed and rebalanced across the tiers:
- From 4/6/80/10% to 7.5/10/12.5/15% per stack (still max stacks of 5)
“Tier 3 was bugged and could stack up to 400% damage bonus!”
Other Fixes and Tweaks
- Deployed Medical Crates now last for 5 minutes instead of 1 minute.
- Lower burning DoT damage from all sources vs. Flak armour from 200% to 100%
- Added missing finesse boost to Munitorum Mk VI Power Sword’s activated push-followup so that it does the proper amount of damage compared to the regular push-follow-up.
- Surgical: shortened stack gain durations overall from 1 second to around 0.25-0.5 seconds per stack, depending on the weapon.