Apple shuts down its online store, meaning new products are coming. Luckily, we know what is coming. The wait is over for the new M2 MacBook Air, which the company introduced a few months ago. Here is everything you need to know about the device…
M2 MacBook Air pre-orders start today
The new M2 MacBook Air has been redesigned, similar to the Pro lineup. It has a larger 13.6-inch display, a camera notch, a flat-edged chassis, and new Starlight and Midnight colour options. The notebook also features MagSafe 3 charging port, an upgraded 1080p notch camera and two Thunderbolt 3 ports. So, How do you buy one?
But the most important thing about the new MacBook Air is the M2 chip. The next-generation M2 chip features an 8-core CPU, up to a 10-core GPU, and support for up to 24GB of memory. Compared to the M1, the M2 offers advancements in performance and efficiency with an 18 percent faster CPU, a 35 percent faster GPU, and a 40 percent faster Neural Engine.
Technical specifications and price
- Display: 13.6-inch IPS, 500 nits brightness, True Tone
- Chip: Apple M2 chip, 8-core or 10-core GPU
- Memory: 8 GB configurable to 16 GB or 24 GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD configurable to 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB
- Connectivity: MagSafe 3 port, 3.5 mm headphone jack, two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports
- Battery and Power: Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Finish: Silver, Starlight, Space Gray, Midnight
Pricing for the new MacBook Air starts at $1,199 in the United States. The previous-generation MacBook Air with the M1 chip remains available for $999.