Social media addiction continues to increase. People spend more time looking at their phone screens every day. So, what should you do if you want to get rid of this addiction? Naturally, the first step should be to delete one of the applications we use every day, like Instagram. But there is a slight problem, how to delete an Instagram account?
If you have decided to delete your Instagram account, you may not find how to do this in the settings. Because companies like meta do their best to hide this feature, but if you’ve decided to delete your Instagram account, we will tell you to step by step what to do.
How to delete Instagram account using a link?
If you have made up your mind and say, “I’m deleting Instagram,” there are a few ways you can follow. The easiest way is, of course, using the Instagram account deletion link. Mark Zuckerberg may not want you to know this, but using a link is much easier than finding the right setting.
- Step #1: Go to the “Delete Your Instagram Account“ page on your browser by clicking here.
- Step #2: Make sure that you’re logged in.
- Step #3: Select why you want to delete your account.
- Step #4: Re-enter your Instagram password
- Step #5: Then tap the “Delete” button to confirm your decision.
- Step #6 will complete your process to delete your Instagram account.
Warning: Once you complete this process, your account will automatically freeze. To be deleted, you must not log in for 30 days. After that, there is no turning back.
Deleting Instagram using the iOS or Android app
Believe it or not, there is a way to delete your account in app settings. So you can also use that.
- Step #1: Go to your profile page using the Instagram app
- Step #2: Tap the menu in the top right corner, and select Settings
- Step #3: Go and tap the Help
- Step #4: You will see Instagram Instagram Help Center.
- Step #5: Type ‘Delete Your Instagram Account’ in the search bar.
- Step #6: Repeat the same steps as above.
Save your Instagram data before deleting your account
Before making a sudden decision and permanently deleting your Instagram account, it is helpful to back up your data. This way, you don’t have to lose your precious memories completely. Here are the steps…
- Step #1: Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Step #2: Go to your profile and tab the Settings
- Step #3: Then type ”Download Your Information’ in the search bar.
- Step #4: Here, you need then enter your e-mail address and tap Request Download.
- Step #5: Also, enter your Instagram password for your account
- Step #6: Within 48 hours, Instagram will send you an e-mail with a complete profile file.