Linux is one of the most preferred operating systems in the technology world after Microsoft Windows. With its reliable infrastructure and open source code feature, the operating system is among the preferences of many software developers.
Features of the Linux operating system
- The Linux operating system shows high performance in internet technologies.
- It provides many services to its users, such as proxy servers, firewalls, and web databases.
- Fast and functional to use.
- Supported by many software languages such as Java and C++.
- Also offers flexibility against system errors.
- One of the operating systems used for free.
- Can be integrated or interoperable with other operating systems.
- Multiple programs can be run simultaneously with no memory limit.
Linux Is Only for Developers and Coders
Linux’s history has been closely related to programmers, and even today, most of the people contributing to the project are software developers. This is why most casual desktop users think that Linux is reserved for computer users with technical backgrounds.
Windows better for gaming
Games have been one of the issues that Linux has been incapable of so far. However, this will not always be the case. In the future, you can think of this OS as an operating system suitable for games. The CS: GO game performs better on the OS among other operating systems, including Windows. This means that with proper development, the OS can rival Windows, one of the best-performing operating systems when it comes to gaming.
It is hard to find apps for it
Windows users can access Adobe and Microsoft Office programs without any problems. As is known, such companies do not offer software support for Linux. Although this situation causes many users to hesitate to change the operating system, there are many alternatives for Linux. For example, it has GIMP as an alternative to Photoshop or LibreOffice packages instead of Microsoft Office.
This kind of misinformation keeps most users away from trying Linux. However, contrary to popular belief, this OS can be suitable for daily use like other operating systems. If you want to try Linux, you can start with Ubuntu.