At the September event, Apple released a new one of the most expected features, Always-On display with iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models. The new Always-On display feature works on the Lock Screen. It can show helpful information, time, and more. Here are the details about iPhone 14 Pro’s Always-On display feature.
iPhone 14 Pro Always-On display
Apple offered several significant features like Crash Detection, Lock Screen customization, and more, as well as an Always-On display feature. The new feature allows users to see helpful information, such as the time, widgets, and wallpaper, while the phone is locked.
iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max display dims with the Always-On display feature with a refresh rate as low as 1Hz with a new low-power mode. When you lock your device or leave it, the display will dim. Thanks to the A16 Bionic, the device uses minimal power on the feature. You can use it by default on iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.
The display feature will go dark when you don’t need to see it. To save battery life, the display will go completely dark when:
- Your iPhone is lying face down
- Your iPhone is in your pocket or bag
- Sleep Focus is turned on
- Low Power Mode is turned on
- Your iPhone is connected to CarPlay
- You’re using Continuity Camera
- You haven’t used your iPhone for a while (your iPhone can learn your activity patterns and will turn the display off and on accordingly, including if you’ve set up an alarm or sleep schedule)
- Your iPhone detects that you’ve moved away from it with a paired Apple Watch (Always-On display will turn on when your Apple Watch is close to your iPhone again)
How to turn the Always-On display off or on?
If you don’t want to use the display feature, you can disable it to keep your battery life longer. You can customize your display by personalizing your Lock Screen with photos, wallpapers with stylized fonts and colors, and widgets. Apple explains how to turn on or off the feature with these steps:
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Scroll down to Always On and turn the Always-On display off or on.