Changing your password on Instagram is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Whether you want to update your password for security reasons or simply want to change it to something you can remember more easily, the steps are the same.
Here’s how to change your password on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your device and log in to your account. If you don’t remember your password, tap on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page and follow the instructions to reset it.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to access your profile. This will take you to your personal profile page, where you can see all the photos and videos you have shared on Instagram.
- On your profile page, tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen to access the menu. This menu provides access to various settings and options related to your Instagram account.
- In the menu, tap on the “Edit Profile” option. This will take you to the Edit Profile page, where you can update your personal information, such as your name, username, website, and bio.
- On the Edit Profile page, tap on the “Change Password” option. This will open a new page where you can enter your new password.
- Enter your current password in the first field, then enter your new password in the next two fields. Make sure to choose a strong and unique password that is difficult for others to guess. It’s a good idea to use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters in your password.
- Once you have entered your new password, tap on the “Change Password” button to save your changes. Your password on Instagram will now be updated, and you will need to use the new password to log in to your account in the future.
That’s all there is to it! By following these simple steps, you can easily change your password on Instagram and keep your account secure. Remember to choose a strong and unique password to protect your account from unauthorized access.
In case you ever forget your new password, you can always reset it by tapping on the “Forgot Password?” link on the login page and following the instructions. This will allow you to create a new password and regain access to your account.