You can fit a lot of apps on your iPhone’s home screen. While this is great for quickly accessing any app you might need, but it can also clutter your screen with icons and make it a mess. Fortunately, Apple offers several ways to manage the home screen. In addition to collecting apps in a folder, you can also hide them completely from the home screen.
How to hide apps on iPhone home screen
Hiding apps does not delete saved data, and apps hidden from the home screen are always available in the App Library on the far right of the screen. If you want even more privacy, you can also hide apps so that they don’t show up in searches. Here are a few ways to hide apps on your iPhone:
There are two ways to remove apps from the home screen without deleting them. You can hide individual apps or hide the entire app page at once. Any app you hide will be sent to the App Library, which you can access by swiping to the last page of your home screen. App Library categorizes and organizes the apps installed on your iPhone into folders for you. To hide a single app, follow the steps below:
- Find the app you want to hide and press and hold it until you see the Options menu.
- When the Options menu appears, tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete from Home Screen.
- The icon will be removed from your home screen, but you will be able to access it from the App Library.
How to hide all apps on the page
If you want to hide all the apps on the home screen at once, here are the steps you need to take:
- Press and hold the dots at the bottom of the home screen.
- Find the page of apps you want to hide and tap the checkmark below it.
- You can hide any page, but you need to keep one visible.
- You will no longer see the pages you unchecked while swiping.
How to hide apps that appear in searches
You might think that you can hide apps by creating a private folder on your iPhone, but apps that you hide deep inside the folder will still show up in searches. Here’s how to make sure apps don’t show up in searches:
- Open Settings. Tap Siri and Search.
- Scroll down to the App section and select the app you want to hide.
- Turn off Show App in Search and Show Content in Search.
- Repeat this for each app you want to hide from searches.
How to find hidden apps on iPhone
Unless you delete an app completely, you can always access it from the App Library on the rightmost page of your home screen. You can access hidden apps not only from the App Library but also through Spotlight search.
How to hide purchases from the App Store
If you have Family Sharing enabled, anyone in your Family Group can see and download the apps you’ve purchased and downloaded. If you want to keep some of your apps private, you can always hide them from your App Store purchase history. Also, you can always find hidden app purchases later when you need to!
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap the account button, or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
- Tap Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.
- Find the app that you want, then swipe left on it and tap Hide.
- Tap Done.
Can the App Library be deleted?
App Library, as you may remember, was a feature of iOS 14. Since then, we’ve seen the app library in all versions, including iOS 16. The bad news is that the app library, which keeps a list of apps installed on the iPhone, cannot be deleted, uninstalled, or disabled.
In this news, we told you how to hide applications on iPhone. What are your thoughts on this subject? You can share with us in the comments section.