The MultiVersus gaming community has been on edge recently, as the latest patch for the popular crossover fighting game leaves players wanting more. Despite being the first update in over a month, the new patch is decidedly smaller than its predecessors and focuses primarily on bug fixes rather than introducing any substantial new content. As a result, fans are growing increasingly restless, especially given the four-month gap since the last character release, Marvin the Martian.
Latest MultiVersus patch prioritizes bug fixes over balance
The developers behind MultiVersus seem to have taken a step back from addressing the game’s overall balance, instead choosing to focus on fixing existing bugs in the game. This decision has left some characters feeling slightly weaker, such as Iron Giant, whose hitboxes have been adjusted to no longer spawn below him. On the other hand, Taz has received a minor improvement, with the knockback influence on his ground-up attack reduced for more reliable combos.
Four months and counting: Where is the new content?
The lack of new content in the recent patch has left fans hungry for more, especially considering the last character, Marvin the Martian, was released on November 15, 2022. With no information on additional characters or updates for Season 2, the gaming community is becoming increasingly impatient and rowdy.
What’s fixed and what’s not
The patch notes reveal a range of bug fixes, including improvements to controller input and various character-specific adjustments. Garnet, LeBron, Marvin, Morty, Superman, Taz, and Wonder Woman have all received tweaks, though none of these changes seem to have a significant impact on the overall gameplay experience.
The latest MultiVersus patch, while addressing some existing bugs and issues, has failed to satisfy the gaming community’s appetite for new content. As the game enters its fifth month without a new character or substantial content update, fans are growing increasingly restless and rowdy. It remains to be seen whether the developers will take note of the community’s concerns and deliver the content that players have been eagerly awaiting.
Check out all the patch notes below:
- Improved an issue when using the right stick on controllers where characters would turn around unprompted when attacking.
- We are monitoring this improvement and welcome feedback on it.
- Fixed an issue where Iron Giant’s hitboxes would spawn below him on some attacks.
- Air Down Attack:
- Fixed a bug where Garnet couldn’t properly combo out of her air down attack if she hit someone while on the ground.
- Fixed an issue with LeBron’s stat tracker badge on the mastery track.
- Air/Ground Up Special:
- Fixed a bug where Superman could turn Marvin’s spaceship into an ice block with his ice breath.
- Air/Ground Down Special:
- Fixed a bug where Marvin could plant his flag on his spaceship and it would persist after his spaceship expired.
- Air/Ground Down Special:
- Fixed a bug where Morty wouldn’t move all the way to his down special marker if it was overlapping with a fighter.
- Fixed bug where if Morty warped back to a position a fighter was in he would teleport to the middle of the map.
- Superman can no longer freeze Marvin’s ship.
- Ground Up Attack:
- Increased the vacuum strength and reduced the knockback influence on the first hit of Taz’s sandwich attack in order to improve the consistency of its ability to combo into the second hit of the attack.
- Fixed an issue with Wonder Woman’s stat tracker badge on the mastery track.