Nothing Phone 1 made a great impression on the market when it launched due to its futuristic design. While the company is still improving its device, the Nothing Phone 1 gets an important update with improvements just after a minor update. The update brings a lot of improvements and features from the camera to the battery. Here are the details about the Nothing Phone 1 update.
New update brings Google AR Core to the Nothing Phone 1
The brand released a minor update with Jio 5G support and bug fixes to the Nothing Phone 1 last week. However, Nothing is now rolling out a new update to the device. According to the announcements, the update, firmware version 1.1.6, is just over 62MB and comes with some new features and improvements such as Google AR Core, Optimized Launcher, and more.
The Nothing OS 1.1.6 update brings a few significant improvements such as Google AR Core support, a more fluid Launcher, Updated NFC sound effect, bug fixes, and more. Additionally, Indian users can now use 5G support on Jio’s network in India.
There are also changes to the Glyph interface. The update brings an updated, more reactive Flip to Glyph animation on Nothing Phone 1. The Glyph charging light effect can now sync with the sound effect as well with the new Nothing OS update.
What’s coming in Nothing OS 1.1.6 update
- Now supports Google AR Core.
- Indian users covered by Reliance Jio can now access 5G.
- Sharper videos with improved stability.
- Recording light indicator is now always-on by default.
- Optimized, more fluid Launcher experience.
- More accurate battery status.
- Increased maximum brightness when displaying HDR content.
- Updated, more reactive Flip to Glyph animation.
- Glyph charging light now synced to sound effect.
- Updated NFC sound effect.
- General bug fixes.