Pokémon Masters EX (originally named Pokémon Masters) is a free-to-play mobile game for Android and iOS developed and published by DeNA. It is based on the Pokémon media franchise. Set on the artificial island of Pasio, the game allows players to battle and recruits various prominent Pokémon Trainers from the main series games and anime. Originally named Pokémon Masters and released in August 2019, it was renamed Pokémon Masters EX in August 2020 on the 1st anniversary of the game. So, a while ago, a new patch has been released and it offers a bunch of changes to the players. Check out Pokemon Masters EX 2.28.0 update patch notes down below.
Pokemon Masters EX 2.28.0 Update Patch Notes
Updates to Customizing the Main Character’s Appearance
- New hair colors for the Main Character have been added.
- You can now change the style of the Main Character’s hair and hat.
Note: The style of Hats cannot be changed with some hairstyles.
- You can change the appearance of the Main Character by going to the Poryphone Menu and selecting Profile > Edit Look > Trainer Settings.
About the Check Successful Teams Feature
- In some area info, you can now see the teams that other players used to complete the area, as well as replays of other teams’ battles.
Note: An issue is currently occurring in which replays of certain battles cannot be viewed.
Note: If you cannot view replays, go back using the Back button.
Note: This issue will be fixed in a future update.
- You can see the teams by tapping the icon in the upper right corner of the area’s battle prep screen.
Note: Other players may be able to see your teams and replays of your battles.
- You can also see Sync Grid examples for each Sync Pair used by the teams that have completed the area.
- The Copy button lets you copy another player’s team formation and Sync Grid for use with your own team.
Note: You cannot select Sync Pairs that you do not have.
Note: Grid Skills that cannot be learned due to insufficient move levels or Sync Orbs will not be reflected.
- If you have unlocked Master Mode in the Champion Stadium, you can also see examples of options and copy them for yourself.
- Starting with the next Legendary Gauntlet, winning a battle will enter you into the ranking where you can compete with other players to see who can achieve the longest win streak.
- You can check the rankings on the event page.
Note: The ranking will include information on up to the top 100 players out of all players who have won battles. You can also see the teams used by players who have earned a place in the ranking.
Note: There are no rewards for earning a place in the ranking.
Note: This update will not affect the rewards that can be obtained from the event.
Note: Please check out the notice for the next Legendary Gauntlet for more information.
- You will be able to invite Dawn to the Trainer Lodge from the following date/time:
Scheduled Date/Time: December 31, 2022 at 10:00 p.m.
Note: You can invite Dawn once you have teamed up with 5★ Dawn & Turtwig.
Note: The Lodge Exchange lineup will be updated at the date/time listed above.
- The game balance of the Interact feature has been adjusted.
Damage Display Improvements
- Increased the maximum damage value that can be displayed during battle.
Note: The method for calculating damage has not been changed with this adjustment.
Note: There will be no change to the damage dealt before or after this adjustment.
- Before Change:
- Before Change:
- Changed some of the voiced lines for Lillie (New Year’s 2021) & Ribombee and Lance (New Year’s 2021) & Gyarados to lines specific to those versions of the characters, as well as all related text.
- Added Pokémon that will appear during the Log-in Bonus animation.
- New songs will be added to the Jukebox.
Scheduled Date/Time: December 26, 2022 at 10:00 p.m.
Note: You can exchange for newly added songs in the Unlock Songs menu of the Jukebox or the Exchange Items menu in the Shop.
- Made text changes for some skills to make them easier to understand.
- Made minor text changes.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements have been implemented.