OnePlus is one of the best Android phone manufacturers. The company releases a lot of updates to its devices to offer a better phone experience. Thanks to the updates, the devices get several improvements and new features. The manufacturer has released a few OxygenOS 13 beta versions to phones until now. The update also brings Android 13, it is based on the 13th version of the operating system. Now, the brand is rolling out the stable OxygenOS 13 to the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T.
OxygenOS 13 for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8T
The stable update is already available to the OnePlus 9R, 9RT, and 10R. You can now update your devices, use the latest features and get the new improvements. With the new stable OxygenOS 13 update, the phones get a lot of new features such as Aquamorphic Design, optimized task management tools, security enhancements, and more.
While there is no official confirmation coming from the company, the shared posts on social media and blogs show the details about the new update. Additionally, the images show that the owners of the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T get the stable OxygenOS 13 update.
The update comes with the F13 build number for the OnePlus 8 and 8T, while it has F.16, F.11, and C.14 build numbers for the OnePlus 9 series. The update brings mostly the features and improvements for the Aquamorphic Design. The OTA is available in multiple regions, including North America. You can also update your phone with a third-party app such as Oxygen Updater.
What’s coming in OxygenOS 13
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.