You didn’t ask to lead this expedition, but here you are. Stuck in the ice, Captain missing, miles from civilisation. Someone has to take charge. Manage your meagre resources, balance safety and morale, make the hard calls, and head in the only direction you can through The Pale Beyond. The game was released a few days ago, and its first reviews are pretty solid. Besides, it receives updates that affect positive gameplay. The patch notes of The Pale Beyond 22.214.171.124 update are below.
The Pale Beyond 126.96.36.199 Update Patch Notes
– Improved Crew Manifest controls for Keyboard and Controller
– Fixed Controller/Keyboard related manifest and crew deployment issues.
– Added manual exit for the camp split, if you can’t afford crew to continue
– Fixed Templeton teleport after abandoning ship
– Fixed abandon ship week 6 soft lock
– Additional Misc fixes.
If you missed the previous version, you can check out its patch notes below.
– Fixed a bug where Tinned lemons were healing scurvy, but crew were remaining invalid. Invalid crew with no afflictions should have the invalid status removed when loading into a save.
– Better UX, explaining the Save Tree, and it’s ability to let you access locked saves by deleting the saves above it in the tree branch.
– Popup when returning to the Main Menu to remind you that quitting mid week will loose your progress for that week of the expedition.
– You can use the Ctrl key on keyboard to skip quickly through lots of dialogue without accidently choosing choices. (Same as B/Circle on controller)
– Dogs replenish after the Ice Splitting event.
– Fixed soft lock if you held E to advance the week after choosing to lock down for winter at the furnace.
– Various Misc Bug Fixes.
Known Issues we’re prioritizing for 1.2.3
– Any remaining Issues setting sail on the life boats, under specific circumstances.
– Errors in the resource UI regarding dogs, being incorrectly calculated in the number previews.