Microsoft is preparing a major update for Windows 11, which will bring many features and changes to the computer. It is expected that the company will release it in September. Here are all the details about Windows 11 22H2 update.
Windows 11 22H2 comes with new major features
Some unofficial sources said, “Microsoft is planning to mark the 10th anniversary of Surface with new products this fall and is planning to deliver the Windows 11 22H2 update in late September”. We know the update will bring many features such as a new-look start menu, a better File Explorer with tabs, desktop stickers, and other new ones.
Microsoft will release the first significant update called 22H2 for Windows 11 since its launch in October 2021. However, this update could also be the last because there are rumours about the next major update. According to these rumours, the company has cancelled the update called Sun Valley 3 for the operating system. Microsoft codenamed 22H2 as Sun Valley 2.
It is claimed that Microsoft won’t release any other major updates for Windows 11. Instead of updates for 11, it will launch Windows 12, which could arrive as soon as 2024. People are waiting for the Windows 11 major update 22H2 with excitement.
What’s new in Windows 11’s 22H2 update?
Users have been waiting for many new features with Windows 11’s 22H2 update. Here is the expected feature list.
- New Start menu folders to group apps.
- New option to change the number of pins in the Start menu.
- Taskbar ability to drag and drop files and apps.
- New Snap layouts drag and drop interface.
- New Task Manager with a modern interface.
- New Live captions feature to improve understanding of spoken content.
- New Voice access feature to control a device with voice.
- New touch gestures for tablets.
- New Smart App Control (SAC) feature to block dangerous apps.
- Legacy interface with visual changes.
- Updated Focus feature with focus session integration.
- Updated File Explorer with tabs and redesigned navigation pane.
- Updated Quick Settings with options to control Bluetooth devices.
- Updated Print Queue and Print dialogue apps with automatic printer detection.
- Improved power management tweaks to reduce energy composition.
- Option to uninstall updates from the Settings app.