Apple is one of the best technology companies, and it has a lot of devices, and applications. If you have an Apple device, you will need your Apple ID for a lot of significant things like accessing your device, App Store purchases, iCloud data, locating your device, and more. Therefore, you shouldn’t forget your Apple ID password if you want not to lose your access to your devices or applications. You should keep your password in a safe place, but you can reset your password if you forget. Here are the details about how to reset your Apple ID password.
Reset your Apple ID password
Sometimes, you could forget your password, accidents happen, and you may lock your Apple account due to many wrong attempts. Apple allows you to reset your ID password if you have like these situations. When you want to reset your Apple ID password, there are a few ways to reset it. You can also change your password in these ways if you have some safety issues.
How to reset your Apple ID password from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac
If you have an Apple device, and you have already logged in to this device with your Apple ID, it is not as difficult as other ways to reset your ID password. You can follow these steps if you change or reset your ID password on an iPhone or iPad device.
- Tap Settings, click on the button with your name and picture.
- Choose Password & Security to access password.
- Select Change Password.
- When you opened this section, your device will ask you to enter your passcode. You will enter your password, and then you can enter a new password for your Apple ID. However, you have already created a passcode for your device to use this option.
You can also use this method on your Mac.
- Go to System Preferences,
- Click Apple ID,
- Tap Password & Security,
- Select Change Password, and enter your Mac’s password.
Reset your password from another Apple device
Apple allows you to reset your password from other Apple devices. To reset your ID password from another Apple device, you need to access an Apple Store or a friend or family member with an iPhone or iPad. Then you can use the Apple Support app to reset your password by following these steps.
- Open the App Store and download the Apple Support app by searching for “Apple Support” in the store,
- When you open the app, you should see a screen showing details about the Apple device you’re using. If it doesn’t display the details, you should select the device from the list of devices on the homepage.
- Tap the Passwords and Security.
- Go to Reset Apple ID password, and Get Started
- Tap A different Apple ID,
- Click Continue and enter your Apple ID.
Apple will direct you according to the information that you have chosen while you set up your Apple ID. For example, the company may send a text to your phone number with a code, or different questions.
How to recover your Apple ID
If you don’t have access to any Apple devices, you can try recovering your account in these ways.
- To begin, go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID. (It may also ask you to confirm your phone number.)
- You will see a few options depending on your account settings. These options will require having access to a logged-in device or an iPhone or iPad.
- If none of them work for you, click the Can’t use any of these options? From there, you’ll be able to start the account recovery process.
- You may have to provide a verification number sent to you via text or email. (If you only have access to the latter, you’ll also likely be asked to enter a phone number in case Apple tries to contact you.) After you do so, the wait will begin.
- When the wait period is over, you’ll receive a text or phone call with the details that shows you how to recover your Apple account.