Today, Apple released a major update to the iPhone. The company releases a lot of new features and improvements with the latest version of its operating system for iPhone, iOS 16.3. While Apple has released a few beta seeds to beta developers to get feedback and improve the system, it is now time to release it completely. According to the release notes, the update brings several new features, including Security Keys for Apple ID, Support for HomePod, and more. Here are the details about iOS 16.3…
iOS 16.3 rolls out with several security improvements
Apple released the first version of the iOS 16 in September, and now the company rolls out the third update for the iOS 16. While the earlier version, iOS 16.2, brings the Freeform app, Apple Music Sing, Advanced Data Protection, and more, iOS 16.3 comes with mostly security fixes and improvements such as Security Keys for Apple ID. According to the notes, the new Security Keys feature allows users to enable physical two-factor authentication for Apple ID logins.
In addition to the Security Keys, the new update also brings a new Unity wallpaper which has support for second-generation HomePod. Apple also releases several bug fixes via iOS 16.3, including the temporary horizontal lines on the iPhone 14 Pro Max, and Siri bugs related to music requests and CarPlay. Here are the release notes for the iOS 16.3 update:
- New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month,
- Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two factor authentication sign in process on new devices,
- Support for HomePod (2nd generation),
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding the side button with the up or down volume button and then releasing in order to prevent inadvertent emergency calls,
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards,
- Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen,
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max,
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display Home app status,
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests,
- Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly.
How to install iOS 16.3
If you have an iPhone, but you don’t know how to install iOS 16.3 and update your device, here are the ways:
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
- Click Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now.
What do you think about iOS 16.3? You can share your thoughts in the comments…